DP/DT control system
Dynamic positioning/ dynamic tracking control system is designed for automatic control of the ship manoeuvres during dredging — specific operation characterized by high magnitude of the external forces.
Please use menu on the right to get more details on this product.
Unlike standard DP system, DP/DT has following control modes:
- Automatic speed control with compensation of drag forces and prevention of moving vessel astern
- Autopilot dredging (AP Dredging): keeping the vessel COG and SOG during the dredging process with the drift angle limitation
- Autotrack dredging (DT Dredging): heading control strategy to let dredge head follow the predefined track with the drift angle limitation
- Pinpoint dredging: high-precision cyclic dredging on a short track (combination of DT dredging in the ahead direction with low-speed tracking during the astern motion)
- Auto track dumping (DT Dumping): low-speed tracking with the dumping pipe as a touchdown point
- Shore discharge: system keeps the vessel heading and positioning automatically during discharging via the shore pipe
- Rainbow discharge: automatic keeping of the vessel position and oscillatory heading control during the rainbow spraying from the bow nozzle
Additional alarms and monitoring
- Emergency stop alarms
- Drift angle alarm with adjustable limit
- Monitoring and indication of the data from dredging equipment
Modern THSDs are designed for one man on the bridge operation. Navis DP/DT features voice alerts to simplify prioritisation of the actions in critical situations.